Thursday, January 27, 2011

My name's Gráinne, I'm a shopaholic (hi, Gráinne)

Clearly, I am a budding shopaholic.

Now, don't laugh. Because it's totally true! I will walk into the mall with a hundred bucks in my pocket and no real intention of buying anything. But in the back of my mind, there are little nagging voices (not real voices, please take this as a metaphor): "Ya know, Gráinne, baby, there's some reeeally cute stuff in that shop window. And oooooooh, H&M is having a sale! Girrrl, you gotta get some shit today. You don't neeeeed it but isn't that the good thing about having a job and living somewhere rent-free? You can afford to spend that money! And if you don't buy it, girrrrrl you are gonna be upSET when you leave this mall. Savings? Pssssh girrrl nobody saves nowadays. And ohmigod that dress is TO. DIE. FOR. Try it on. No, don't even try it on. Grab it in a 10 and go. GO. GOOOOO!!!!"

And that's how I leave the mall with empty pockets and full hands. Keep in mind, it isn't just this inner voice and the tugging on my brain that encourages this nonsense. My heart flutters, like heart palpitations. I get all sweaty and anxious. I don't think this is normal.

I'm not even safe from online shopping, now that I have a debit card! Yesterday I spent $70 to process my CUNY applications, which was totally legit and necessary, right? But then I proceed to spend $40 on a bag (but it was sooo nice!) and then almost spend $60 on jeans (but I like really need well-fitting jeans and they're designer and I'm saving sooo much money!) and then I used a gift card to buy some cute stuff from delia's but when it went over the amount on the gift card I just used MY card instead of getting rid of an item (but I totally love them all sooo much how can I get rid of one??) and right now my Forever21 shopping basket is open in one of my tabs while I lie in wait until I have 188.50 in my account so I can buy a massive amount of skirts, dresses, and a zebra necklace (but like who else has a zebra necklace I like toootally need to get it and be cool and original!)

If this is how I act when I'm working in a tiny restaurant, at one shift a week, two if I'm lucky, please tell me WHAT is going to happen when I have an honest-to-god, round-the-clock job and a credit card. DOOM, that's what.

Basically the moral of the story is I need to find a rich hubby ASAP.

Cheers,
GIM<3

No comments:

Post a Comment