Thursday, January 27, 2011

In Which I Rant About My Sleeping Patterns

I have some kind of inability to wake up at a reasonable hour.

Now, in an ideal world, I would be able to fall asleep at my usual time of 2am and then wake up blissful and refreshed at about 9am. But, unfortunately, I don't live in an ideal world. I fall asleep at 2am, after staring at the television trying to fall asleep for about an hour or more. As I nod off, I promise myself, "Tomorrow, I will wake up while it is still the morningtime." Does this happen? No, of course not. Kaitlynn's getting up and getting ready does not even awaken me in the slightest. Instead I wake up at 1pm, or, today's earliest, noon. UGH!!!

You have to understand that I haaate getting up late. Like, I would love never to get up after 9am, because then I feel like I've wasted the day, even though clearly I haven't. So in order to reach this goal, clearly I must go to bed earlier, which I resolve to do EVERY DAMN DAY. It just doesn't happen. I end up involved in some movie, or The Nanny, or I'm talking to someone online, or something of that nature. So once again, late to bed, late to rise.

In other news, it's cold in my room and my coffee is delicious.

Cheers,
GIM<3

PS - Alex Kingsepp, I love that you think my signature is Pythonesque...oh, if only every aspect of this blog could be Pythonesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment